Monday, May 01, 2006

Silhouette

Stopped at this lake right around sunset aiming to practice a few landscape shots that didn't really have any focal point, and ended up seeing a couple of geese hanging out. This guy was less than happy about being photographed. As I was shooting though, I found that I wasn't thinking about getting a close shot of a goose (which is the way I've usually taken pictures). I was thinking about getting a picture of the goose in relation to the reflection of the sky in the water, making sure to wait until he was in a position where he made a good shape, trying to not center the goose OR the horizon AND trying to make sure that there were no cars going across the highway in the background. This shot was cropped and saved for web... no other post processing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Lovely shot!!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home