Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Chrome


The latest challenge at DPC was chrome. I knew there was a cute little diner with lots of chrome, so I waited til a little before sunset to hopefully get a neat reflection off the building. There wasn't really any good spots to take a picture since it's on a busy road with lots of power lines, signs, and dark boring trees. I got home and was disappointed with the pile of shots and since I couldn't do much editing to it, I decided not to enter.

But, I can edit as much as I want for my PaD! So I got rid of all the trees (except the one in front of the building) and added a new sky into the picture. No, its not perfect by any means. You can junk leftover around the top of the building, and there's half a tree on the right that got chopped off. But it's not often that I do something like this in PS, so it was good practice. The original crop/edit is below.

1 Comments:

Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Ok, I love the elimination of the trees, but I think I would have left the rest the same, except for desating the new sky to draw attention to the chrome, otherwise a very nice job of removing the trees and changing the sky!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home