Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring!

So I actually DID go out hiking today, with the D50, which is working perfectly fine. For those of you who didn't catch the very very VERY end of yesterday's post.. go take a peek. I will say though that I was reaaaally careful hiking today :P

Anyway, so I guess I always just thought that pussy willows were something that everyone put on their desks when spring came around. Then a few years ago I found a bush in the middle of the woods. So I went back to it today to check on the status and see if spring really had arrived yet. I have no idea what the thing is on the end, but I know that since the little furry buds are blooming, spring is officially here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Very pretty.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How cool! I have a picture of the exact same thing I was going to post yesterday. Tonnes of pussywillows here. They came out the first time in December/Januray during an unusually warm spell. And now jsut this week they are re-blooming (if blooming is the right word for it). A note about the thing on the end. From what I have gathered it is a bug thing. Inside there'll be a bunch of hibernating bugs. I don't know if its true or not, but I have been too chicken to go cut one open and check (there's scads of them here). If you see black wads of something on the branches that looks like .. hmmm .. like a dog pooped way up in the branches or something; thats along the same lines. Same for in the early part of summer/spring you'll come across some willows or scrubby brushes and it'll look like someone's spit big gobs onto the tree: its more bug stuff.
(sorry for the graphic nature of this post)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home