Monday, March 27, 2006

Water Outtake

Normally, I wouldn't post a challenge outtake/entry here until voting was over, but I had a great time experimenting yesterday and I was really happy with some of the shots I got. I will probably be posting more in the next few days.

*begin rant*
I woke up this morning to find that once again, the voters hate my image, probably becuase it's too out of the box and they don't get it immediately. Not only that, but the winner (and possibly also 3rd place winner) of the last challenge, "2 second exposure" didn't even bother to use a 2 second exposure. So sad. It's disappointing that people will submit anything that looks good to a challenge or looks like it might qualify, even if it doesn't really meet the criteria.
*end rant*

I'm just glad that I choose to follow the rules and I will continue to use the challenge topics and my PaD as a guide to try new things and continue learning about photography and post processing.

Oh, and for those of you wonder what exactly this is... I had a lot of fun with oil, water, and food coloring. I never realized there were so many ways to combine them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

How cool!! It's like one of those tests you take to see if you are colourblind.

8:43 AM  
Blogger TonyV said...

Looks more like a painting than a photograph! Great colours.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home