Friday, March 10, 2006

Acting - Take II

So after the first batch of shots from the play rehearsal, I talked with a friend who actually understand all these settings and numbers and we figured out what might be better settings to shoot at. For yesterdays shots I was on the little 'P' mode (programmed auto?), 1600 ISO. I ended up with a few more shots that I liked in the end, but started with only half as many. I'd say the settings worked better! Still not fast enough shutter to capture some of the fast movements, but it's probably just not possible with my equipment. Now that I've got the settings figured out, I figure it's just about time to use the stage lighting to confuse me.

I promise I'll get the camera out for something other than play rehearsal shots soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiyoko Gotanda said...

I find for theatre, the best thing to do (which I think you did the second day) is put it on full manual. Open up for aperture as wide as you can (lowest number, 2.8 or 1.8 is best, but use what you've got), and then just fiddle with the shutter speed. Some people complain of lack of DOF, but because the lighting is so fickle, I prefer leaving it wide open. Loots like you got some fun stuff

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From a director's point of view, this is a fantastic shot. You really captured both ot them! I hope I get a minute to look at the other shots soon!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home