Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ice

The longer this PaD goes on, the more I realize I'm terrible at landscapes of any kind. I just cant seem to make any of them capture what was really in front of me. The ice in this creek was really neat looking, with lots of layers of melting and freezing, icicles dripping, water rushing underneath, and lots of little holes and lines where you could catch a glimpse of what was underneath. Sadly, all of the pictures lack any focal point (even if I tried to catch one), are sort of bland, and either are too dark to catch the details or are overexposed in areas of the really bright ice. Out of about 20 shots, this was the best one. But, as I tell my kindergarteners all the time... practice!

I'm heading off to a conference in Boston, so my PaD for tomorrow will be really late (or even posted on Saturday), but I promise it will be there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh, that's really nice!

3:19 PM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Actually I like this shot, yes it is a tad bit dark, but that just makes the water look even colder, so it works for me. good shot, i'd be happy with it!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home