Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hilltop Cemetery

This is an outtake from the Duotones challenge. I had been driving looking for anything interesting and found this cemetery at the top of a hill (Hilltop Cemetery to be exact). The front half is newer, and then these older stones were towards the back. I liked the long shadows here, but had a hard time keeping them dark without messing up something else while I was Photoshopping it. I also like how the background is open and you can tell that it's up high... nothing out through the trees. Some of the duotones I tried completely muddled that feel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

it's a nice shot.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kiyoko Gotanda said...

That tree looks spectacular. Nice job

8:17 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

Great composition with the tree limbs here. Nice job!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home