Saturday, February 18, 2006

Yawn!

And so, my kitty (Mieko) makes it back into the PaD. Cats have the strangest tongues, and after seeing a close up shot of one, I wanted to get my own shot of one. That's one of the things that I love about macro photography... capturing things that exist right in front of me, but that are so small you can't really see them. Every time I catch her yawning it's blurry, or the focus is on the wrong spot... but today, I finally got it right. Ok, so it's not the best shot in the world, but I accomplished my goal. And she's probably very happy that I'll stop taking close up shots of her tongue.

Here's a closer crop too for those of you who really want to know what a cat tongue looks like. Click for the bigger version.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Cool!!!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hehe, that's one FURocious kitty!

12:08 AM  
Blogger L2 said...

Wow - look at that tongue. Now I understand why it feels scratchy when they lick you. :)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home