Friday, February 10, 2006

Butterfly Catcher

Here is my entry from the "My Shadow II" challenge... which came in 5th place! (Seems to be my lucky number?)

I hung a shower curtain from the ceiling in the living room, placed a desk lamp behind it with the camera on the other side. With a 10 second timer, it didn't give me much time to run around and get into place making sure I wasn't blocking the light (I liked the feel of having the "sun" behind the shot), squat myself just far enough down that my head wasn't chopped off the top, and to get my hand in some kind of normal looking spot to be catching a butterfly. My bottom hand kept ending up in all kinds of contorted spots and strangely when it finally had a normal pose, it just happened to line up with the 2nd butterfly. At that point I was done shooting, even if it wasn't perfect. This WAS a 24 hour challenge after all and I was running out of time! Post processing included rotate, crop, brightness, contrast and saturation adjustments, and cloning out a few wrinkles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So that was you! Cool shot.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sonja (Photographer/Owner) said...

I remember seeing this one on dpc for the shadow challenge.. wondered how you achieved it..LOL Very creative!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what a great idea! The "sun" and catching butterflies works great. Glad you scored so well with this one. It's a great idea nd shot.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home