Friday, February 03, 2006

Shadow

I asked my kindergarteners to make the silliest shadow they could yesterday in honor of Groundhog Day. A lot of them start making silly faces or wiggling, which doesn't always show up in their shadow. This little guy thought and thought... he finally had a mitten off and over his head, and his fingers all outstretched. When my shadow hand reached out to hold his shadow's hand, yet I wasn't touching him, he was amazed.

When I started going through my pictures yesterday, I came to this one and was disappointed. The green parking lot line, the kid on the snowbank, and the little boys bright red coat all distracted from the shadow. So, I cloned out the line and the child on the snowbank, and desaturated the picture.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Really cute!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home