Sunday, June 04, 2006

Paper Curls

I changed the screen saver on my laptop again, this time to the one that scrolls through all the neat paper curl pictures. So this was my attempt at a similar shot. I got a little distracted from trying to arrange a neat picture though because I started playing with the WB settings. I know how to use the WB to fix a picture and make it look more real, but I remember being told that it can also be used to bring out colors that aren't really there that you want to enhance. I'm still not sure exactly when I'd use that out in the real world, but it clearly works.

Below is a sampling of 5 different shots taken with the same lighting but on different white balance settings. I use the lightbulbs that are supposed to be more like sunlight so they screw up my white balance to start with. Anyway, an interesting comparison... now if I could just find a way to use it for something othr

3 Comments:

Blogger dpo said...

Very nice. I like the cloudy/shade settings best. Very nice photos throughout.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home