Monday, January 09, 2006

Seagull

I stopped at a little riverside park yesterday, and met some very friendly people. One man came over and started throwing bread for the seagulls, so I started snapping pics as they were coming in closer. I was trying to get shots of them flying, with all the details in the feathers, but those shots didn't come out so great. This was probably the best shot I got. I have a p&s camera, so I had set it to "sports" figuring it would be the fastest shutter to keep them from blurring. I came home and many of the gulls that were facing the sun were overexposed with the white feathers. I probably should have stopped shooting for a second to think about other possible settings. Something to remember for next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zorba The Geek said...

You made a real nice capture here, everything is in sharp focus and your composition is strong. It's really worth trying to get to eye-level with your subject though, it increases the drama.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Looks like he's watching you from the corner of his eye. Looks like a nice sharp imgage. His body forms a nice diagonal. Good exposure here, too! Is this Gertrude or Heathcliff? :-)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home