Saturday, January 07, 2006

Moving Sidewalks

I've had a digital camera for quite a while, and I've always enjoyed taking pictures. But it's only been recently that I actually started figuring out what makes a good shot and why. This one was taken a few months ago, and I actually walked into the building, went back out to get the camera because this just looked interesting. I had no clue why, it just did. I was going back through some old photos to see if I could find anything good for the Best of 2005 challenge, and while this isn't the shot I entered, it was nice to say "nice vanishing point and leading lines" when I opened it instead of simply "I like it." The downfall to learning more though, is being too picky about my own shots.

6 Comments:

Blogger mike fairbanks said...

Definitely some great leading lines here! Ok, for those of us from the sticks, what the heck is a moving sidewalk??? Or is this something brought on by too much alcohol ?

2:44 PM  
Blogger kaye said...

Moving sidewalks, at least that's what I think they're called, are like flat escalators. I've seen them mostly at airports. You step on and they just take you right along the flat ground if you're too lazy or have too much heavy stuff to walk.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kekiinani said...

Good exposure. You have nice details outside as well as inside. I like the vanishing point. Looks like an airport but amazingly there are no people one this sidwalk. Nice shot. :)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I like it too, the lines are great.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Laurie L. Black said...

Excellent leading lines and perspective. :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL, had to laugh at Mike's comment. I'm from the sticks, too, but I do know what moving sidewalks are!! lol ;-) However, the only time I've ever used them is at the Heathrow airport in London. They are very convenient when you have junk to haul with you!

Okay, about your image...

I really like the shapes of the windows, the arch, and the converging lines. This is another image that will probably work in b&w as well. I think I like the contrast of the blue sky against the monotone fg here though. Oh, the shadows are interesting too!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home