Sunday, September 24, 2006

27 Balloons

The Adirondack Balloon Festival was this weekend. I had every intention of getting up at 4am, and driving up for the 6:30 a.m. launch. But when I got up and looked at the weather, it showed rain. So, instead, we drove up for the evening launch. We got there a little later than expected, and by the time we parked the car, this was the view. It was very hazy, and many of the balloons either didn't take off at all, or didn't make it past the end of the airport runway. It was cool watching them float off into the haze though.

Considering how often I've been picking up the camera lately, I'll probably be using balloon pics for a little while here... so I suppose this begins a mini balloon series of shots for my PaD.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to shoot one of these events one day. So many beautiful colors. Great capture.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i dont remember that balloon being there?! ;)

looks like fun up there.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Kekiinani said...

Whoa!! This is just awesome. Love all the colors.. I think you did an excellent job of capturing the take off. All the different heights make for an interesting image.. :) I have never seen anything like this.. Very cool. :) Can"t wait to see your other shots..

3:32 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the balloons, I've wanted to go up in one for ages.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home