Friday, June 23, 2006

Tacos

Dinner. Tacos. Finally...
I decided on the way home from work that I wanted tacos for dinner... so I stop at the grocery store. I grab a basket, and start collecting all the items that I need... ground turkey, taco shell kit, lettuce, cheese (and a few extra things I needed). I get to the check out lanes and there are a ton of people just standing around. All of the screens at the self-checkout stations are black. Apparently the registers have been down for over an hour. Some woman puts her fish in the ice machine thing to keep it cold. People leave. There are carts and baskets of food sitting all over the place and employees working to get everything reshelved (especially if it's cold/frozen). I had a lovely chat with some elderly gentlemen, and waited for about 15 minutes, but finally decided that I could just stop at another store on the way.

So off I went to Walmart, figuring that they've just added the food section to the store, they'd have what I needed. So I found cheese... no taco kits, no ground turkey. But I did manage to walk out of the store with 25 boxes of crayons. Who knew they'd have them on sale for cheaper than they do at back to school sale time.

So, I finally stopped at the other small grocery store that was on the way home, and got all the stuff I needed (for more than it would have been at the first store) and came home and made tacos.

And yes, they were yummy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After all that, they better taste yummy! Good job on the crayons. And even though I don't like Tacos, your picture makes them look delicious!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

They look good (and I'm not overly fond of tacos either). You must have really had a craving to go through all that trouble. I have no patience, I would have said forget that and had a lean cuisine! LOL

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home