Sunday, October 15, 2006

Beaver Pond

So here is the place where yesterday's shot was taken. We had been out geocaching around this beaver pond when we came across some very fresh wood chips and chew marks. I've seen old beaver chewed tree stumps before... maybe a few inches across. This area was filled with all kinds of beaver chewed trees, and there are some pretty ambitious beavers there from the sizes of the trees that were down! Below is a shot of the same tree from yesterday, just zoomed out so you can see the whole thing. I loved the fresh teeth marks in the soft wood just under the bark!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow.. I thought it was wood but I didn't know those were beaver teeth marks. You would think, living in the beaver state I would know about beaver tooth marks huh?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

A beautiful pond, really nice.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home